Friday, February 11, 2011

REAL Women 1.1 Survey Says: Rules & Privacy

   

  I'd first like to say thank you if you choose to share your opinions and your heart with me and other women.  I believe that paramount to receiving REAL honest information from women requires guaranteeing security of their information- privacy.  

I WILL NEVER REVEAL THE IDENTITY 
OF ANY CONTRIBUTOR 
WITHOUT HER 
EXPLICIT PERMISSION 
TO DO SO. 


Identity Details:

  • In order to be able to refer to everyone as "another woman says..." or "someone feels like...",  The name "Bella" will replace ALL first names.  Call me cheesy, but I like the idea of using the name "Bella" (beautiful) for all contributors.  I'll call myself Bella Mama simply as the parent/author of the column. 
  • If you'd like, you're welcome to choose  and inform me your own designation, i.e. "Bella Blue",  "Bella Biker", "Bella Bookworm".  It doesn't have to be an alliteration like I'm apparently fond of above, and it doesn't have to be the same every time.  If you'd like, you can also choose what I call an "advice-column" name, such as "Bored in Boston",  "Desperate in Denver." (There are those pesky alliterations again.)
  • If you choose, you may at any time identify YOURSELF in commentary. 
  • If you somehow guess the identity of another Bella and share that information with others, you will  immediately be banned.
  •  If you have resources/advice/similar experience you'd like to share with another Bella I have referred to but do not want it shared with everyone, you may contact me allowing me to share your offer with HER.  I will contact her privately asking if she'd like to speak.  If she declines,  you will not learn her identity. 


Contributing- 2 Categories:

Share-able:
   I may quote you directly on your opinion with your chosen "Bella"/ "Advice-Column" moniker. If you do not specify otherwise I will assume that what you've sent me is share-able. 
      Example:  
Bella Blue says, "All my life my family had long-haired dogs but when I was finally in a place of my own and my parents came to visit with their dog, I realized how much more hair they have. When I started looking for a dog of my own, short hair was a serious consideration"

Private: Insight Only
   This provides me, the author, with perspective on how women generally feel about the topic.  You will not be directly quoted, but I may convey the general idea you've shared and/or group it with other similar opinions.
      Example:   
There are some women for whom the maintenance level of their dog is a serious consideration- she may enjoy certain long-haired breeds, but concern about possible additional cleaning time may prod her in the direction of shorter-haired breeds. 


What you send me does not have to fall entirely into one category or the other. 
Share-able:  Your opinion on something, related information, feelings, etc.
Private: You may choose to share with me personal background on why you think the way you do.  It gives me further perspective while keeping your personal experience private
Be sure to differentiate these items in your message to me, or I will assume as I state below that all content is share-able.









2 comments:

Called as Christy said...

Would it be possible to create an email address for people to use to submit their thoughts who prefer to remain completely anonymous? It's not that you're not trustworthy, Laura (you most certainly are!) - but if the topics become more nitty gritty (as sometimes we need to talk about those things more than others), I wonder if the freedom to share as openly as possible may foster more discussion without having to reveal who's asking the question. Thoughts???

L-J W. said...

GREAT question, Christy! I created an email address that will be devoted to this blog so people could do just that- it's whataweimer@gmail.com

I'll post that on the main page too for clafification... =D