Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Haphazard Housewife Cleans- Front Closet Edition

I discovered something a few years back:  I have great organizing skillZ.  (Mom! Quit LAUGHING.) Perhaps I should clarify- I have great organizing skills when I apply them.  Through a number of usually work- related projects I discovered my love and talent for containing/compartmentalizing, labeling, categorizing and color-coding OTHER peoples' stuff.  I've mused for some time about the fact that I'm seemingly unable (read: unwilling) to apply these principles at home.

To this end, I thus endeavor:  one project at a time, I WILL bring law (ok, peace) and order to my own home.

Let's begin.  I'm in need of the proper attire.
Too much? You wouldn't think so if you saw the disaster zone that is the rest of my house. 



Perhaps instead I'll find it more profitable to put the vest on Annie so that she's more visible as she "helps" by relocating the items I'm trying to organize.  
 
 That's a travel pillow she's holding.  I knew it wouldn't be too difficult to get her to comply with my photo-shoot scheme... Er, candid shots.


This is better, I feel more housewife-y already.
 
Don't be fooled.  The only reason I donned the apron is so that I would have a pocket in which to put my phone so I could blast my white-girl rap music while cleaning.  No, really- I do. Ask hubby- he thinks it's funny.



Ok, I think that's enough procrastinating.  Off I go.


1 comment:

Kelsey Hanson said...

I too have great organizational skills....when I'm motivated! Just moved which forced us to reevaluate what we actually "need" to keep. My new plan? When I can't stand the clutter anymore and my ability to organize seems to be on hiatus? Throw everything into a bunch of boxes and if it doesn't have a place to go when it comes out it goes in the garbage/ goodwill pile. :) LOL.